The highlight of the hotel’s wide, long lobby is a spectacular 108-feet-long “snake boat”, a traditional naval boat of Kerala, so named for its similarity to the shape of a hooded snake. Snake boat races are still a staple of Kerala’s rich, 400-year- old water sports tradition. With more than 100 oarsmen in each boat, snake boat racing is the world’s largest team sport.
This 120-year- old “Thiruvaranmula-Punnamthottam no.5” snake boat, the oldest in Kerala, sits, appropriately, in a palatial courtyard, which was dismantled from a 120-year- old palace in the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu and re-erected here. The courtyard’s veranda is lined with incredible paintings from old churches, temples and palaces. This pleasing combination of various South Indian aesthetics is visible throughout the Ginger House Museum Hotel.
STAY WITH US
2 nights & 3 days
TARIFF: INR 64,999/-
- Transfers to and from Airport (Cochin Airport)
- Traditional Welcome Drink on Arrival
- 2 full body Ayurvedic massage (45 Mins) during the stay(Punarnava-Fortkochi)
- One Backwater Sunset Cruise (2 Hours)
- Guided History Walk
- Breakfast, & Dinner at our Specialty Restaurant versailles
- Fruit basket and Cookies every day
- No additional charges for children below 12 years
- Free Wi-Fi